In its lifetime, the driveway is exposed to a lot. Harsh sunlight, intense precipitation, and dirt and debris can all contribute to its deterioration. Over time, the buildup of dirt, grime, and residue can make your driveway unappealing. The best way to keep your driveway clean and healthy? Pressure washing. From the cleaning experts at Diamond Clean, here is a step-by-step guide on how to pressure wash your driveway:
- Brush off the Surface. To avoid grinding dust and debris into your driveway with a pressure washer, ensure it has been thoroughly cleared with a broom or leaf blower.
- Protect Exterior Walls, Windows, and Doors. Due to their incredible force, pressure washers can cause damage to surrounding furniture, walls, doors, windows, machinery, and vehicles. Before you start, ensure your vehicle is parked a safe distance away, and cover any walls or doors nearby with plastic sheeting and painter’s tape. This will protect them from spray and debris.
- Read the Safety Manual. Before operating the pressure washer, it’s imperative you carefully read the directions in the safety manual. This will ensure your safety, and that of others around the home.
- Degrease the Driveway. For the deepest clean, spray and scrub a degreasing solution into the driveway with a stiff brush.
- Spray Detergent. Wearing proper safety gloves, apply detergent to the driveway by squeezing the spray handle from eight to 18 inches away. Work your way back and forth across the driveway from top to bottom in long, smooth, overlapping strokes.
- Pressure-Wash. Select the designated tip, usually labelled “25 degree,” and wash the concrete in a similar manner as with the detergent, from top to bottom. For extra dark stains, hold the nozzle three to four inches away from the surface until the substance disintegrates.
- Seal the Surface. The last step is a precautionary measure to ensure your driveway stays clean. Dip a paint roller in the waterproof sealer and roll it out from the middle to the edges of the driveway. Allow the sealer 24 hours to dry before parking or driving on it.
Pressure washing is a safe and thorough way to rid your driveway of unsightly stains and debris. If you feel uncomfortable doing this on your own, contact us at Diamond Clean. We take the necessary steps to ensure your driveway, walkway, patio, or sidewalk is cleared of grit and residue. With our pressure washing services, you can extend the life of your driveway, and increase curb appeal. To learn more about our top-quality services, get in touch with our staff today!